Achappam-Snacks Recipes with Photos - Ingredients and Method of Preparations
Submitted By Mrs. Nimi Sunil on 3 February 2013
Achappam is a popular snacks recipes from Kerala. Achappam used to be prepared during festivals and special occasions. This can be stored for many days.
- Rice Flour : 500gm
- Coconut Oil : 500ml
- Grated Coconut : 2cup
- Eggs : 2
- Sugar : 3 Teaspoon
- Sesame Seeds : 2 Teaspoon
- Salt : To Taste
- Extract 2 1/2 cups milk from the grated coconut.
- Mix the rice flour with the coconut milk into a smooth batter.
- Add beaten eggs, sugar, sesame seeds and salt.
- Heat oil in a thick pan (Cheenchatti).
- When oil is heated place the Achappam mould into the oil for 10 minutes or until the mould is very hot.
- Lift the mould carefully, dip into the batter
- Dip only half otherwise you can not remove achappam from the mould
- Place the mould back into the oil.
- When the Achappam turns light brown, gently shake the mould to remove it.
- Leave in the oil for 2 minutes until golden. Lift and drain.
- Repeat the process till all the batter has been used.
- Keep the Achappam in a paper so that oil is absorbed by paper.
- Cool and store in closed vessels.
Have you liked this page? Share with your friends....
Achappam,Snacks Recipes,Achappam Kerala Recipes, Achappam Snacks Recipes, Achappam Sweets Recipes, Achil Appam
Get noticed with Sharestills - send photos to email@example.com