Ayala Manga Curry-Fish Recipes with Photos - Ingredients and Method of Preparations
Submitted By Mrs.Asha Manoj on 9 April 2014
Mackerel is an important food fish that is consumed worldwide. As an oily fish, it is a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids. The flesh of mackerel spoils quickly, especially in the tropics, and can cause scombroid food poisoning. Accordingly, it should be eaten on the day of capture, unless properly refrigerated or cured. Ayala (Mackerel) Curry is a fish curry from Kerala. Ayala Manga Curry is made with Ayala Fish and Mango.
- Ayala (Mackerel) Fish - 500gm
- Shallot Chopped - 4
- Green Chilies - 3
- Ginger, Chopped - 1 Inch
- Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
- Chilly Powder - 1Tablespoon
- Coriander Powder - 1Teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Raw Mango - 1
- Salt - To Taste
- Coconut Oil - 1Tablespoon
- Shallot - 4
- Coconut Milk - Made From 1/2 Coconut
- Clean and cut Fish into medium size.
- In an earthen Vessel (Manchatty/ meenchatty) add the fish pieces.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, chilly & coriander powder and a little (about 1 tsp) coconut oil into the fish.
- Add 1 sprig curry leaves, slit green chilies, Chopped Shallots and ginger to this.
- Peel and cut Mangoes into length wise.
- Add Mango pieces to the fish pieces, mix well with a spoon/ hand.
- Keep it for 10 minutes.
- Add 1 cup water and Half cook with covered lid. This would take about 8-10 mins max.
- Put the stove in low flame, Remove the lid and slightly rotate the vessel so that nothing sticks to the bottom.
- Check the taste if required add things like chilli, salt etc.
- Cook in low flame for 5 mins (until the gravy is slightly thick) with lid open.
- Add Coconut milk and allow to boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Take a small pan, pour the remaining oil and fry the chopped shallots until golden brown.
- Add this and rest of curry leaves to the fish curry.
Have you liked this page? Share with your friends....
Ayala Manga Curry,Fish Recipes,Ayala Manga Curry Kerala Recipe, Ayala Curry Recipe, Fish Curry Recipe, Kerala Style Fish Curry, Mackerel Curry, Ayala Mango Curry
Get noticed with Sharestills - send photos to email@example.com